As a professional researcher, I always have projects in motion. Check out what I am currently working on, as well as my past projects.
- The Importance of Family-Professional Partnership in Times of Uncertainty: A qualitative study of families of children who are deafblind during the COVID-19 pandemic
Dear fellow parents of children who are deafblind:
I am researching parent experiences with working with IEP teams during COVID and need your help.
As a fellow parent of two children who are deafblind, I want to hear about your collaboration and advocacy efforts. I seek to understand the common challenges and successes in getting the services and supports for your kids. In the spring I conducted interviews with parents and I want to understand how the things have shifted since spring. I will be presenting my findings at the Council for Exceptional Children's annual conference and plan to write up my findings for families and educators.
Interviews will last approximately 30 minutes, scheduled at your convenience.
Contact Lane McKittrick at firstname.lastname@example.org to participate or for more information.
(Research approval granted by the University of Washington.)
- Strategies that Mothers of Children who are Deafblind Employ to Foster Collaboration
- Factors that lead to parent satisfaction with the individualized education program meeting.
- Benefits of student involvement in educational planning.
- Factors that influence parent satisfaction of partnership in educating students who are deaf-blind.
- Benefits of family-professional partnerships in educating students who are deaf-blind.
- Teaching self-determination to elementary age students who have sensory disabilities
- Benefits of Elementary Student Involvement in the IEP Meeting